Close Menu
    Trending
    • Team USA headed to women’s hockey gold medal game, guaranteeing hardware for 8th straight Winter Olympics
    • US deploys 100 soldiers to Nigeria as attacks by armed groups surge | Religion News
    • Why I don’t go to church – Vector Tha Viper
    • Why Gen Z Men Are Choosing Chunky Loafers Over Sneakers
    • UCL: Why Mourinho can’t surprise me – Real Madrid manager Álvaro Arbeloa
    • Report, result and goals as Blaugrana suffer huge setback in title chase
    • Orban: Black players ‘treated differently’ in Italy
    • NUPRC warns public against fraudulent contract offers
    Nigeria Newz
    • Home
    • Nigeria News
    • Nigeria Politics
    • Africa News
    • World News
    • US News
    • Nigeria Lifestyle
    • More
      • Nigeria Business
      • Nigeria Economy
      • Entertainment
      • Nollywood Movies
      • Relationship
      • Soccer
      • Sports
      • Travel News
    Nigeria Newz
    Home»US News»Slavery exhibits must be restored at President’s House Site in Philadelphia, judge orders
    US News

    Slavery exhibits must be restored at President’s House Site in Philadelphia, judge orders

    NigeriaNewzBy NigeriaNewzFebruary 16, 2026No Comments4 Mins Read
    Share Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Telegram Email Copy Link
    Follow Us
    Google News Flipboard
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    A choose ordered the Trump administration to reinstall an exhibit about slavery on the President’s Home Website in Philadelphia. 

    In a ruling issued Monday, Senior Decide Cynthia M. Rufe ordered the defendants within the case — Secretary of the Inside Doug Burgum, the Division of the Inside, Nationwide Park Service Performing Director Jessica Bowron and the Nationwide Park Service — to revive the location to the way in which it was on Jan. 21, the day earlier than the signage was removed. In addition they should maintain the entire objects protected, safe and undamaged, and can’t set up any “substitute supplies” with out mutual settlement with town of Philadelphia whereas the litigation is ongoing or earlier than one other order from the choose. 

    The order additionally says officers should proceed to correctly preserve the location, together with the grounds, video displays, recordings and reveals. The order doesn’t give NPS a deadline for restoring the location. 

    Monday’s order grants town’s newest movement for a preliminary injunction and will likely be in impact till the choose points one other ruling. 

    The reveals in query present details about enslaved individuals who lived on the website with Presidents George Washington and John Adams. After Park Service staff eliminated the indicators in January, town of Philadelphia filed a lawsuit in federal court docket in search of to have the shows put again. The go well with argues that town has prior agreements with NPS that require any disputes to be resolved by communication and compromise between the 2 events.

    Rufe begins her memo in regards to the opinion with a quote from the George Orwell novel “1984” and says the court docket has been requested “to find out whether or not the federal authorities has the facility it claims— to dissemble and disassemble historic truths when it has some area over historic details.”

    She continues: “It doesn’t.”

    The Division of the Inside has not commented on the order.

    A spokesperson with the Inside Division mentioned in an announcement in January that the shows had been eliminated because the division implements President Trump’s government order “Restoring Reality and Sanity to American Historical past.”

    Pennsylvania Gov. Josh Shapiro and the counties surrounding Philadelphia have backed town within the go well with. Community groups have additionally organized protests and rallies calling for the indicators to be restored.

    In an announcement, Rep. Brendan Boyle, who represents Philadelphia in Congress, mentioned, “I strongly opposed the Trump Administration’s determination to take away these reveals, and I welcome the federal court docket’s ruling that they should be restored. … I’ll proceed preventing to make sure these reveals are totally restored and accessible to the general public.”

    Mayor Cherelle Parker’s workplace mentioned it’s reviewing the order.

    Supporters say struggle is not over

    The choose’s order got here as dozens of individuals had been gathered — on Presidents Day — to rally for the panels to be put again. 

    “Higher than preventing the nice struggle is successful the nice struggle. And at this time, we received,” Michael Coard with the Avenging the Ancestors Coalition mentioned. 

    “I felt that it was a horrible factor that they’d take our historical past down. I feel it is all people’s historical past,” mentioned Glenn Kutler, of Middle Metropolis, throughout the rally.

    Coard mentioned he believes the federal authorities will attraction the choice, which might maintain the shows down longer. Within the meantime, some have began placing up their very own indicators. Nonetheless, he mentioned, he is optimistic.

    “This tells me that there is some glimmer of hope for the way forward for America,” Coard mentioned.

    CBS Information Philadelphia


    Joe Holden

    contributed to this report.

    Extra from CBS Information

    Go deeper with The Free Press

    In:



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    NigeriaNewz
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Team USA headed to women’s hockey gold medal game, guaranteeing hardware for 8th straight Winter Olympics

    February 17, 2026

    Average tax refund is nearly 11% higher so far this year, IRS data shows

    February 16, 2026

    Elana Meyers Taylor describes “superhero” feeling while bobsledding as she competes in 5th Winter Olympics

    February 16, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Economy News

    Lagos Afriland Towers fire: Death toll hits 10, as Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, Obasa, Obi, others mourn

    By NigeriaNewzSeptember 19, 2025

    By Olasunkanmi Akoni, Victor Ahiuma-Younger and Johnbosco Agbakwuru Following the devastating inferno that gutted Afriland…

    Qu’on nous donne l’hiver (et la collab The North Face x Aimé Leon Dore)

    August 22, 2025

    Fubara acknowledged why emergency rule was necessary – APC chieftain

    September 20, 2025

    Manufacturers call for export policy reforms to unlock AfCFTA potential

    October 10, 2025

    Kelly Clarkson Is Walking Away From Her Show After 7 Seasons

    February 8, 2026
    Categories
    • Africa News
    • Entertainment
    • Nigeria Business
    • Nigeria Economy
    • Nigeria Lifestyle
    • Nigeria News
    • Nigeria Politics
    • Nollywood Movies
    • Relationship
    • Soccer
    • Sports
    • Travel News
    • US News
    • World News
    About us

    Welcome to Nigerianewz.com — your trusted source for the latest and most comprehensive news about Nigeria, Africa, and the world.

    At Nigerianewz.com, we are passionate about keeping you informed with up-to-date, accurate, and insightful news coverage across a wide range of topics that matter to you. Whether you want to catch up on Nigeria Politics, get breaking Africa News, or stay updated on global happenings through our US News and World News sections, we’ve got you covered.

    Our mission is to connect you with authentic stories, powerful voices, and engaging content that reflects the dynamism of Nigeria and the broader African continent. Nigerianewz.com is designed to be your go-to platform for everything happening at home and around the globe.

    Thank you for choosing Nigerianewz.com — where news lives, breathes, and speaks to you.

    Recent Posts

    Progressive Govs Forum passes vote of confidence on Tinubu

    December 6, 2025

    Cambodia halts fuel and gas imports from Thailand as crisis simmers | Border Disputes News

    June 22, 2025

    Police detain 3 Nsukka masqueraders for allegedly assaulting residents

    June 24, 2025

    Nigerians ‘ve lost confidence in electoral process —Itodo, Yiaga Africa boss

    September 27, 2025

    Where to Stay in Québec’s Maritime Regions

    July 11, 2025
    Categories
    • Africa News
    • Entertainment
    • Nigeria Business
    • Nigeria Economy
    • Nigeria Lifestyle
    • Nigeria News
    • Nigeria Politics
    • Nollywood Movies
    • Relationship
    • Soccer
    • Sports
    • Travel News
    • US News
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2025 Nigerianewz.com All Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.